Thoughts To Ponder

"Joy is a net of Love by which you can catch souls"
-Mother Teresa

Friday, January 15, 2010

Time Flies

I can't believe another week is almost over.  Where does time go.  When I was in school it seemed the bell would never ring at 3:00.  I got a full time job and got married so things picked up a little.  When I had  Morgan everyone told me not to blink that before I knew it she would be grown.  Boy do I really appreciate those words now.  Maleah my "fourth" child will be 3 next Thursday.  I really can't believe it.  

Maleah has been sick since Wednesday night.  She is coughing and has a runny nose and fever.  I really feel bad for her.  I hate it when my babies get sick.  It gets easier when they grow up,  but when they are babies it is pitiful.  Last night she was tossing and turning and talking in her sleep,  so I got her out of bed and rocked her for awhile.  When I thought she was asleep,  I laid down on the couch with her.  Well, that didn't work.  She tossed and turned again, talked to me for an hour , and played.  When I got her to close her eyes again I thought I might get to go to sleep,  I opened my eyes to check on her and she looked at me and waved and grinned.  All I could do was laugh.  So we got up and got in her bed.  By this time her fever  was  rising so it all started over.  Finally, this morning I gave her some medicine at around 6:00.  She slept form about 6:30 to 9:00.  Not nearly long enough for me.  I feel like I've been ran over by a big truck.  I have always enjoyed a good nap,  but today I can't wait.  The other kids are all big enough that I  don't have to worry to much about them while I nap.  This is a little sad to me and a little bit of a relief .  I want them to grow up,  but I wish they would still look at me like Maleah and Mason.  They think I hung the moon.  Morgan and Meagan have been around me long enough to know better.  lol.

1 comment:

  1. Had some of these thought myself-- I want mine to just grow up and SLEEP! I get so frustrated from the lack of sleep sometimes...then this week I've been reminded how unimportant sleep really is when you look at the news & see a mother in Haiti who would love to get up with her baby again...breaks my heart. I'll sleep in 20 years... :) Love you! You are a wonderful mommy & wife! Quite the example of cheerfulness to me....

    ReplyDelete